Sunday, January 9, 2011

Marshawn Lynch enters altered beast mode

Well if you haven't heard yet, Marshawn Lynch ripped off possibly the sickest run in NFL history last night against the world champion Saints. I for one wasn't a believer in Marshawn anymore, in fact I was clowning on the guy a bunch earlier in the game, saying I couldn't believe Marshawn's buster ass was in the playoffs. Sure I used to love the guy, but he hasn't gone into his patented beastmode in what seems like years. Until..




Okay, that was actually Altered Beast from our Sega Genesis days... the boss at the end is the embodiment of Tracy Porter's pride. For real though, here's the video, Marshawn was definitely powering up with each broken tackle, peep it out...




He was touched by eight defenders en route to what people are calling the greatest run in playoff history. It's definitely the best run I've ever seen, playoffs or regular season. Maybe Knute Rockne or Dick Butkus had a better run back in the Bronze Age or something, but as far as I've ever seen, Marshawn's run last night reset the bar. I guess what I'm saying is, whether or not it was the greatest run ever, it was most certainly my favorite. The way he abuses Tracy Porter is obscene. Add in the fact that Marshawn was stuck in the doghouse in Buffalo for nearly two full seasons then traded. It must have been an amazing, redemptive feeling for him. My absolute favorite part of the whole thing was after the game, when they asked Marshawn about the run, he said, "It was fun." Yeah, I bet it was fun, haha!

My previous favorite run was the Michael Vick touchdown run in overtime from 2003 against the Vikings...




Haha! I love how he runs right into the locker room, then comes back out to celebrate some more. Actually, who am I fooling, we all know that this is the greatest NFL run of all time:






Please reply and post some of your favorite NFL runs!

3 comments:

  1. The Lynch run yesterday, given that it was the playoffs and as huge dogs, was one of the best I've seen.

    Since you busted out a QB run I'll add another one that they actually just ran on Fox: Steve Young

    http://www.youtube.com/v/Ni6cCwb6Nlk

    Plus this is an NFL Films clip so you have a badass voice over. Although I heard Ted Williams (homeless DJ, not frozen ballplayer) will be taking that over soon.

    Also note the amazing soundtrack that screams old-timey Western "heading out west to get some of that gold"

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xpEJr8Yjzg

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueR1TFFEt3g

    ^^^lol, this is great...

    ReplyDelete